Today we stand in a prospering culture of e-commerce websites. These websites are flourishing and every new company is launching an e-Commerce website. Business blogging is a marketing approach that uses blogging to get your business more online visibility.
As web surfing has become the part and parcel of everyone’s daily routine, so has been blogging the widely adopted medium for reading, writing, and sharing information. Blogs are informal articles and prove to be a great way to drive search traffic to your website.
“Blogging isn’t about publishing as much as you can, it’s about publishing as smart as you can”- Jon Morrow
The business building strategy today lies in combining your blogging efforts with the advertising strategies to double down and drive even more organic traffic to your e-commerce store.
Still not convinced? Let us discuss some of the major points indicating blogging as an essential part of an online e-commerce store:
- Develop your store’s voice: Blogging allows one to share information about your business and its services besides allowing you to share opinions and thoughts on certain topics. Always be sure you write blogs with your audience in mind.
- Convert traffic into potential leads: You always have an opportunity to convert the traffic coming to your website into potential leads. Just get blogging, try to put a call-to-action on every post – set a benchmark, and strive to improve that every month.
- Establish a loyal & engaged online community: When you start posting content that is interesting and engaging at the same time, you tend to develop a loyal online readership for the long term which you can use to your advantage.
- Internal & External link building: Blogs provide you an opportunity to boost your SEO by building internal and external links from and within your site.
- Creating Calls to Action: Blogging always opens up new pathways to convert your readers into customers by tapping into their minds and grabbing their attention. When you’re blogging about more than your products, such as new trends in your industry, stories of success from your customers, answering frequently asked questions, etc. you can bring your visitors closer to being customers through call-to-action buttons.
- Enhancing the visibility of your site: When you offer relevant and interesting content to read, people not only come over again but also share on their social media portals. This makes your brand popular and improves your ranking in the search engines as well.
Blogging is an additional as well as an everlasting option for your business. Keeping a blog on your company’s homepage filled with industry news, insights, and informative content is beneficial to your business for many reasons. Therefore, content marketing is the key to any e-commerce business’s success.
Now that you’ve seen the light, and know all of the reasons you should have a blog, it’s time to get started and start writing!